Facts About Your Roof: What You Should Know As A Homeowner
If your roof requires repairs, it’s always recommended that a licensed professional should provide them. But that doesn’t mean you should be left out! You should definitely know the details about such a vital feature of your house. When you are aware of the basic information on roofs in general, you will be able to make better choices about one of the most important investments you can make for your home.
At Maven, we are always delighted to answer your questions and concerns about roofing. We encourage you to stay as well-informed as you can, so your needs may be met as efficiently as possible.
You don't need to be an expert on roofing matters. Some general knowledge could prove to be quite useful, though! To familiarize yourself, consider the points below:
• Age: Your roof’s age is a critical factor with regards needing a replacement. Generally, you will have to replace it 20 years after it was installed. Depending on how much damage it has sustained, you may even need to get a new one after 15 years.
• Leak Sources: The source of a leak may not always be a hole in the roof itself. Water damage can manifest via a skylight, the flashing, or the sidewalls. When your home is leaking and you cannot easily see the source, it may be from extensive moisture damage that has been growing over time.
• Gutter Maintenance: Taking care of your gutters is just as important as any other kind of roof maintenance. When leaves, dirt, and debris collect in the gutters, your home could experience leaks and mold growth. These issues can turn out to be expensive to repair.
• Shingle Damage: Problems with your shingles should never be ignored. These components are a first line of defense against all kinds of weather, as well as hazards such as fallen tree limbs. If your shingles are cracked, curling, broken, buckling, or missing, contact a professional as soon as possible.
• Ventilation: Proper ventilation will help to avoid issues such as the presence of mold. Keeping the attic and roof ventilated helps address excess heat and moisture that can otherwise wreak havoc on your home.
• Inspections: Routine examinations will aid in keeping your roof in good shape. By hiring a professional to inspect it periodically, you could spare yourself from greater expenses and headaches later. This is a job that a licensed contractor should perform. The professional you hire should have received the proper training to stay safe, as well as to provide an accurate assessment.
Your Number One Roofing Contractor in Eastern North Carolina.
The Maven team is here to assist with your roof. With some basic knowledge on the topic, you may be better equipped to describe what your needs are. Do not worry if you have issues that you cannot identify or describe exactly. We will be happy to schedule a complimentary inspection and provide a solution, if needed.